By: Jeremy DeWeese
When DAYSPA magazine approached us to write an article about Instagram, I sat back in my chair and thought, “Finally, I can write an article about something that fits my position at Social Experts!” I absolutely LOVE Instagram, because it gives me the opportunity to share everything I am up to, including pictures of my son Theodore, the places I travel to, the food I prepare (I love cooking), and pretty much everything about my life that is newsworthy and fun for the viewer.
It works with iPhone, iTouch, and iPad and converts pedestrian quality snapshots into beautiful, creative images that make you look like you have a four-year degree in art and design.
Why is Instagram so great in the realm of Social Media?
One of the most important factors of Social Media is the connectiveness and community that it provides. And,because so many Instagram users use it only for personal uses like the ones I mentioned above, they are missing out on the incredible opportunity that Instagram has for business.
If you have been in business for any length of time, you have been employing a ton of traditional methods for marketing your business. You might be advertising in magazines, on billboards, the yellow pages, or any number of traditional advertising sources. Those things are great, and still useful, but apps like Instagram open up an entire new realm where you can get connected to your customer base and create lifelong loyalty and win their hearts. DaySpa has asked me to share some ways you can use Instagram in your business.
1. Showcase your products or Services. Instagram is free, just like window-shopping, if you remember the days when we weren’t glued to our computers and would actually leave the house to stroll. Instagram provides a mobile resource for window-shopping for your customers. Show off all of your products and brag about them in the description under the image. Customers will even have the opportunity to comment under the image, providing for you a very valuable testimonial that will turn into more ROI. For Spa Owners, you can not only show off the products you sell, you can also showcase the equipment and supplies you use that give that service it’s special quality. Let your customers take a sneak peak into what it would be like for them to use your services.
2. Share your team. In any great business, there are the amazing people that make it work well. Be proud and showcase your team on Instagram. Take those smiling
faces and share them with the world. When customers see the personality and charm of your team, they will become endeared to them, and want to become part
of your family and be pampered by the people that care.
3. Connect Instagram with your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Once you set up an Instagram Account, you can easily share images on Facebook and Twitter, which
means you can reach an expanded audience. There are also options to share your images via email, on Tumblr, Flickr, and you can even share an image when you
check in on foursquare.
4. Use Instagram to build a buzz about an upcoming product, a sweepstakes, or share promotions. When your customers choose to follow you on Instagram,
reward them by letting them be in-the-know first. Whenever you unveil a new service, give them a behind the scenes look at what that will be, and how it will
change their life! If you have an upcoming sweepstakes, share with them about how to be a part of it in the photo. Take a picture of a new banner, a placquard, or
a sheet of paper that shares about the upcoming sweepstakes or promotion.
5. Have fun with your photos on Instagram. Be as cheesy as you would like. Remember, human beings spend a lot of time trying to look good, because
they are afraid of looking dumb to you, just like you are afraid of looking dumb to them. If you step back for a moment and think about it, the greatest
friendships are created when you tear down that wall and let yourself be goofy and share authentically about yourself and your business. Dare to be you and your
customers will love you for it.
If you haven’t set up an Instagram account yet, what are you waiting for? It can be accessed for free in the app store. It is the least expensive resource for creating ROI in your business. Unleash your creativity and begin connecting with your customers today. Whatever you do, don’t forget to have fun! Bring a little light into your day!
Hope this blog post has been helpful. For even more helpful blog posts/webinars, and education programs, keep in touch with us at on our Facebook page at http://www.fb.com/erocketfuel, and please sign up below for our weekly newsletter.